Our community is growing and we are looking for the right kind of people to join our team of teachers. Our teachers really get to make a difference in the lives of children. They work hard and they love what they do. If that sounds like your kind of place then keep reading….
Full -Time Assistant Preschool Teacher & Part- Time Substitute Teachers
Our small school needs a couple of people who are passionate about helping children and eager to learn themselves. One position is for an assistant preschool teacher and the other is for a part time after school teacher. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Montessori education or be eager to learn more. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the best place to work – EVER! And we really believe that we are changing the world (you will see what we mean when you check out our mission statement.) The job is not all roses — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
- The pay stinks. Meaning, you won’t get rich at this job. The pay is $9 to $12/hour, depending if you have early childhood credentials or experience. It can be some extra spending money, for sure. However, if you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the ”most satisfying” job ever.
- Review point 1.
All The Good Stuff:
- The people here are sooooooo nice. Our families are super sweet and the teachers love what they do. It’s our happy place.
- Montessori is the BEST teaching method around. Our assistant teacher gets to work directly with Ms. Shannon, an amazing Montessori trained lead teacher. She has been here for over 15 years and LOVES her kids and teaching. Our substitute teacher gets to work with a trained teacher and be a part of an amazing team.
- The classrooms are mixed ages 3 to 6 years old for the assistant teacher position, so the kids really know their stuff and know the expectations of the class. Our little ones also give great hugs!
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and keep kids safe, we focus on open communication and learning by taking initiative and trying new things.
- The schedule is nice – no working nights or weekends. We try to have subs available so that getting time off is not a stressful thing.
- After 90 days – the assistant gets paid for ALL the vacation time the kids are out of school – that’s like 5 weeks a year when added up!
- You don’t need to be skilled at roller skating or laser tag or bowling or escaping a room, but you will likely be doing some of those things. Every few months we do something fun or goofy or both as a class or staff team.
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of being with kids. Every day, you will be hanging with the coolest kids around and they love to learn!
- You will have to fill out a bunch of the paperwork: Criminal background check, medical report, TB test- all the typical stuff that licensed childcare staff have to do.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to kids and keep parents in the loop. You need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good about what their children are doing.
- You need to want to be in a Christian environment and thoughtful that your words and actions let others know that you value a Biblical worldview.
In short, your job is to serve kids and families, and to have fun doing it. (Who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our school is laid back, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers from other teachers and they are happy to help you be your best.
How To Apply:
In addition to being a person who loves kids, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleagues on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a link of your favorite kids song in, along with your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!!!