Building on our success with younger students, the middle school is thrilled to take the same principles and apply them to this next critical stage of life.
Our Program Will …
- Develop a sense of community connection and responsibility.
- Provide an emphasis in honoring your child’s God given abilities.
- Expose students to various career and entrepreneur opportunities.
- Help young people establish their personal philosophy with a biblical world-view.
- Teach critical reading and writing skills.
- Equip scholars with Financial Literacy and skills in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. STEM
Early adolescence is a vital time in life – you, as the parent, are your child’s best teacher and role model. Our program desires to enhance this role by having clear parent expectations.
Therefore, parents in this program are required to:
- Attend a three hour parent orientation.
- With support, create quality goals and assessments for your child’s social, intellectual, and vocational development.
- Support a Biblical world-view philosophy.
- Help plan community visits (3 per year).
- Locate internships using your network of community connections.
- Complete a total of 20 hours parent volunteer time per year.
- Communicate vision for your child.
- Exhibit Patience and Understanding as we develop a very NEW and Outstanding Program.
Our Unique Design: Alamance Connects
In order to anticipate the societal needs of our future, students must understand how those needs are currently met in their community. Alamance Connects is a program we have designed to help students explore how their county functions and anticipate the opportunities that await them in the future. Students take their knowledge of the needs of humans and explore how Alamance County addresses those needs. Students run a weekly council meeting and choose field studies in the community to enhance their knowledge.